- Celebrated Confident Kid Club’s 8th year working with amazing children and families here in Westchester!
- Continued collaboration with The Pelham Civic Organization’s Help a Child, Change a Life Program to provide ongoing scholarships for families in the Pelham community
- Attended the Pelham Civics Annual Gala to honor Richard Davidian as one of Pelham, New York’s 2018 Persons of the Year
- Reached 400+ followers on our Confident Kid Club Facebook page
- Reached 500+ followers on @CKCPelhamInstagram Page
- Added an additional Saturday Class in our Pelham, New York location
- Hired two additional teachers for the expansion of our Pelham Saturday Classes
- Built our own giant geoboard
- Created our own series of story stones
- Presented one of our interns with a Pelham Memorial High School (PMHS) scholarship
- Took on a CKC graduate as an intern
Joined Pelham Together Community Partner Board
- Continued to give PMHS students opportunities for Community Service Hours.
In addition to achieving the above goals, we here at Confident Kid Club:
- Continued our Confident Girl “Girl Power” Enrichment Program at Pelham’s Hutchinson Elementary School and Colonial Elementary School
- Continued our partnership with Special Moms Network, a website and Facebook community for special moms, special kids, and special connections
- Completed Foundations of Positive Psychology: Martin E.P Seligman Visionary Science online training course through the University of Pennsylvania
- Conducted the inservice workshops “Incorporating Social Skills in the Early Childhood classroom” at the 2018 Jewish Early Childhood Association conferences in Westchester and Long Island.
Wow! 2018 was a busy year filled with exciting growth and expansion. We love what we do and look forward to many more rewarding experiences with children and families in and around Westchester County!
~ Carmella & Katharine
Our Latest Facebook Reviews
★★★★★ “CKC has been such an amazing experience for our now five year old son. He has been in the program for the past two years. Katherine and Carmella understand the diverse needs of children and meet them where they are to support their social and emotional growth. Their developmental appropriate curriculum is well designed with so many rich “hands on” social learning experiences. Our son leaves each class session with a smile and always looks forward to going to CKC.”
★★★★★ “As an Early Childhood Director and a parent, I can say this is the BEST program out there for children to gain confidence and self regulation skills. It has made a world of difference for so many of the children in our school. Katherine and Carmella are 2 of the best educators I know.”